The Chuck Wagon is typically held on the first Saturday in October and is open to all active Cadets and Counselors and Jr. Counselors. Overnight camping on Friday is usually optional.
This event often begins by being given a score sheet, event instructions, wagon schedule, map of campground. Then each wagon heads out to the first event on their event schedule and then follows the schedule to the next event (which may be different than others). Make sure you are familiar with using a compass.
Typical Day Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. Committee and judges meet
- 8:10 a.m. Instructions to Wagons
- 8:30 a.m. Chuck Wagon begins
- 11:30 a.m. Wagon Judging (Have wagons in front of Pathfinder Building)
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 12:15 p.m. Awards
- Bible (NIV)
- First aid kit
- Pen or pencil
- Saw with blade cover
- Pocket knife
- Ax/ Hatchet w/sheath or cover
- New style Guide Book